JW Balfour Ltd Privacy Statement
JWB is committed to complying with the current data protection laws, protecting the privacy of our customers and ensuring they have a positive experience when conducting business with us. Please read this General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) statement carefully as it outlines our personal data handling practices for both online and offline data.
We will only use your personal data in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal data is used without your consent.
Ways we may use your personal data are:
- To meet contract obligations.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our products and services. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalise newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. (JWB does not store the personal data of the third party).
- Data may be shared with our IT provider during essential testing of our systems.
Our lawful bases for processing personal information are where:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- We have carefully considered and specific legitimate business purposes which are in our interests and those of our customers enabling us to enhance the services we provide.
We are committed to:
- Retaining your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which you made this available to us;
- Not share or sell your data to any 3rd parties for them to further process;
- Endeavouring to ensure that your personal data is accurate and kept up-to-date;
- Never disclose your details unless required to do so legitimately by law. For example, a request from the Data Protection Commissioner (ROI);
- Always work to ensure that all reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access;
- Reporting to the Data Protection Commissioner within 72 hours of the breach if there is a breach of the data we hold, which risks your rights or freedoms;
If you have a complaint with regards to us in relation to your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Commissioner Republic Of Ireland).
If you would like to contact the JWB Data Protection Officer, update your details, delete your personal data from our systems, withdraw consent for us to process your personal data; or would like to contact us for any other reason please use the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org